Deep within my heart there lies a stone
that anchors me and holds me close to home
and when my aching spirit starts to roam
I grasp for it to feel I'm not alone
To feel -- to feel, a verb I know too deep
I feel intensely even in my sleep
And when I wake it's hard to start again
the walls that guard my heart are much too thin
I wonder what is heart, and what is mind
and if there's peace within that I could find
or if I'm ever grappling, ever lost
my will and joy numbed, deadened by this frost
I know it's just illusion. You're the Mind
that conquers brain and elevates my soul
your Reason whispers, strokes me - I unwind
despite myself. To be made whole
Is what I yearn for, cry for, and to feel
my breath and body's substance - what is real?
What is life? This darkness and this light.
And what is faith? Surrender from the fight.
I know that you are here, but where am I?
Seeking what's human, mouth to mouth and eye to eye.
My path's been trod and overlain with stones
Yet there's an ageless fire in my bones
That won't leave me to fall among the rocks
and though my soles are scuffed, my garments torn
my soul won't die. I wait to be reborn
and to undo these ties, to force these locks
I'll throw them to the bottom of the sea
And cast away what keeps me from you, light
that spreads in darkness, lives in me
consumes me, birthing morning from the night.
that anchors me and holds me close to home
and when my aching spirit starts to roam
I grasp for it to feel I'm not alone
To feel -- to feel, a verb I know too deep
I feel intensely even in my sleep
And when I wake it's hard to start again
the walls that guard my heart are much too thin
I wonder what is heart, and what is mind
and if there's peace within that I could find
or if I'm ever grappling, ever lost
my will and joy numbed, deadened by this frost
I know it's just illusion. You're the Mind
that conquers brain and elevates my soul
your Reason whispers, strokes me - I unwind
despite myself. To be made whole
Is what I yearn for, cry for, and to feel
my breath and body's substance - what is real?
What is life? This darkness and this light.
And what is faith? Surrender from the fight.
I know that you are here, but where am I?
Seeking what's human, mouth to mouth and eye to eye.
My path's been trod and overlain with stones
Yet there's an ageless fire in my bones
That won't leave me to fall among the rocks
and though my soles are scuffed, my garments torn
my soul won't die. I wait to be reborn
and to undo these ties, to force these locks
I'll throw them to the bottom of the sea
And cast away what keeps me from you, light
that spreads in darkness, lives in me
consumes me, birthing morning from the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment